My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon
image Chennai, Aug 19 :  After attending the special screening of John Abraham-starrer "Madras Cafe" here Sunday, members of Tamil activist group Naam Tamizhar vowed not the allow the film's release in Tamil Nadu contending it portrays LTTE cadres as terrorists.   The private screening was attended by Tamil filmmaker and group chief Seeman and director R. K Selvamani along with many others.   "The film tries to portray late Prabhakaran, LTTE chief, as a terrorist. We don't appreciate it and request the distributors to not screen the film in the state. The sentiment of the film is anti-Tamil and we don't agree with it," Seeman told IANS. &nbs
sub icon
image Akshay Kumar is perhaps the only star who has maximum number of releases each year and he makes sure he delivers back to back hits at the box office.    His next action flick, Boss, is all set for post production. The filmmakers plan to release the first trailer of Boss on August 27.   The actor, who is currently promoting his Once Upon A Time in Mumbai Dobara, is all set to start promoting his next action Boss.     Akshay Kumar said that the film takes him back into action genre that he is known for and loves the most.    Kumar has earlier said that he has shot the maximum number of action sequence for Boss.    Source:Hindusta
sub icon
image Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer Chennai Express has been one of the most keenly awaited films of this year. The film released last Friday on a grand scale in India and overseas. As predicted by most trade gurus, the film broke most of the previously held records by other biggies as of now. In this feature, we take a look at some of the records that the film has broken in India as well as overseas in its 3 day run and Thursday night previews.   In India, Chennai Express collected Rs 6.75 cr in paid previews, overtaking the record held by 3 Idiots, which had collected Rs 2.7 cr. On the other hand, in UK, it collected £ 142,220 in Thursday night previews, setting a ne
sub icon
image Bollywood celebs are known to lend their support for various causes. Now, the biggies of B-Town along with Television personalities will come together on Independence Day to raise funds for the victims of Uttarakhand, by running a seven hour marathon.   To be telecast by a leading entertainment channel, celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Lata Mangeshkar, Ajay Devgn, Kajol, Anil Kapoor, AR Rahman, Boman Irani, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, Pritam, Prasoon Joshi, Mukesh Bhatt and Ayushmann Khurana will join forces with TV stars from popular shows to raise awareness and give some relief to the flood victims.   The event which has been dubbed as '
sub icon
image New Delhi, Aug 12 : Actor Anil Kapoor, who is producing the Indian adaptation of hit international TV series "24" for the Colors channel, has got a presenting sponsor for the project in leading vehicle brand Tata Motors. Cars under the brand will also be used in the show.   The Indian version of the show features Anil in the lead role of Counter Terrorist Unit agent Jack Bauer, which was originally essayed by actor Kiefer Sutherland.   "I am thrilled about our association with Tata Motors as the presenting sponsor for '24'. In the show, I will be driving Tata Motors' dynamic and exciting vehicles in my adventurous quests across terrains to tackle
sub icon
image Bollywood celebrities marked their presence at the Eid ul Fitr party thrown by superstar Shah Rukh Khan at his residence 'Mannat' here last night.   In Pics: Bollywood celebs at Shah Rukh Khan's Eid party   Almost the entire Bollywood descended at Shah Rukh's party which coincided with record box office collections of his latest film Chennai Express.   Those present at the bash included megastar Amitabh Bachchan who himself drove his Rolls Royce, accompanied by son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya. Thespian Dilip Kumar with wife Saira Bano, business tycoon Mukesh Ambani and his wife Neeta, Arjun Rampal with wife Mehr, Hrithik Roshan and Karan
sub icon
image Shah Rukh Khan says his star status sometimes embarrasses and angers his two children – Aryan and Suhana – who are uncomfortable sharing the limelight.   On Eid, the 47-year-old superstar along with wife Gauri, his sister Shehnaz and children came out to pose for the shutterbugs after offering prayers with the family.   He waved at hundreds of fans, waiting for him since morning outside his residence 'Mannat' in suburban Bandra.   Holding her father's hand, daughter Suhana also waved at the fans along with brother Aryan, who seemed a little uncomfortable.   "I enjoy celebrating functions with fans.. I can't be alone. Now th
sub icon
image A concert by controversial Punjabi pop singer Honey Singh has been put off by the organisers, with the authorities withdrawing its permission to hold the show.   The concert was slated to be held at the Nagpur Municipal Corporation's sport complex on August 10.   The District Sports Complex Committee headed by the divisional commissioner had earlier granted permission to hold the concert at the complex, but several organisations, such as Bajrang Dal, Sikh Welfare Society and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena, opposed it saying the singer's songs had "vulgar" contents. The committee withdrew the permission a couple of days ago.   Organisers Innovative Sol
sub icon
image After Shah Rukh Khan's much talked about movie "Chennai Express" in there at the time of the release. Can be said that this movie is the greatest movie to be released this month. Through this package we will tell you the movie "Chennai Express', one of the things by which you will be forced to watch the movie. Or one could say that the reason WHY you should see this movie. However before the "raw forest 'and' until death 'through acting and stardom she has already made an example of. Now see that she 'Chennai Express' have shown how much. 2 - Rohit Shetty: The track record of these yourself - do not tell you everything. Throughout their caree
sub icon
image Inside Mannat, it is difficult to tell what hour of the day it is -- mobile phones ring incessantly, marketing and publicity plans in the run up to Chennai Express release are being discussed, over 20 journalists await their chance to interview the film's stars, trays laden with sandwiches and other food items are brought in at regular intervals for everyone present.   The constant flow of caffeine and nicotine -- the two things that are sustaining all those present -- betray the fact that it is perhaps an unearthly hour.   At 1 am, the caffeine and nicotine also prove to be the unifying factors -- between a boss and his team, between an interviewee and his interviewers
sub icon
image Year 2013's most-awaited superhero film, Krrish 3 has already garnered the attention of its ardent fans ever since the trailer launch on August 5.   Bollywood superstar Hrithik Roshan will be seen in a double role – both as Rohit form Koi Mil Gaya and superhero Krrish aka Krishna.   Much has been written about the superhero, lets talk about the two new additions to the film - Kaal and Kaya.   Vivek Oberoi and Kangana Ranaut turn baddies for this year's much-talked about sci-fi movie. Vivek plays Kaal while Kangana essays the role of alien Kaaya.   According to reports, Vivek Oberoi has worked very hard for his Kaal look in Krrish 3. The actor
sub icon
image Though her fans are eagerly waiting her return to the silver screen, doting mum Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is taking her own time to return to films.   But if reports are to be believed then Aishwarya, who is known to share a special equation with filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, has reportedly been approached to do an item song in his upcoming film Ram Leela.   Aishwarya has worked with Sanjay Leela Bhansali in films like Guzaarish, Devdas and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.   According to sources, Bhansali is keen that Aishwarya sign up for the special dance number in the Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone starrer.   Aishwarya who received much flak for her post-pregnan
sub icon
image Madhuri Dixit may be a famous Bollywood diva but her sons - Arin and Raayan - are unaffected by their mother's stardom.   The 46-year-old raises two kids with doctor husband Shriram Madhav Nene and likes it that her children get excited to see her on TV.   "I have no idea if they understand it and I like it that way. I want them to be as innocent as possible. Even today they come running to me and say that mom you are on TV. My little one comes to me and says, 'really are you that famous'. But they are untouched by it and that's the way I like it," said Madhuri, who is currently hosting the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6 on Colors.  
sub icon
image Kiran Rao and Aamir Khan inspired by their latest production 'Ship of Theseus' talk about donating organs.   What was the flashpoint for you to decide on donating your organs? Kiran Rao: I would often tell Aamir that I would, in fact, like to give my body to science as against just burning or burying it, but then I came to know that there are a lot of unclaimed bodies available to medical colleges for research. And then I saw Ship Of Theseus and the idea that you can pass this gift of life that each one of us has and can use our bodies to change the life of not just one person, but many people, made me renew my pledge and catalysed me to do it. I used to tell Aamir, 'I
sub icon
image Promoting an action film can be gruelling, especially after you've gone through a complicated brain surgery.    But just like his character in the film, it is safe to say that Hrithik Roshan is stuff superheroes are made of. Despite the odds, Hrithik, speaking to Mirror for the first time since his surgery, sounds wonderful. "I do get the occasional headache, but overall my health is much better," he says smilingly. "I'm in a happy frame of my mind, and I cannot wait to unveil the first look of Krrish 3."   Portraying as many as three strikingly different looks, Hrithik says the journey has been a fairly challenging one. "The Rohit look
sub icon
image Ekta Kapoor is leaving no stone unturn-ed for her next production, Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara (OUATIMD). The latest we’ve heard is that she will be hosting a grand iftar party on August 6 at a five-star hotel in the city. A source says, “The invitations are going out to all the    biggest names in Bollywood. Many top-level politicians and government officials are also expected at the bash.” “The iftar daawat will be a huge celebration. Besides Ekta and Tusshar (Kapoor), Akshay (Kumar), Sonakshi (Sinha), Imran (Khan), Milan (Luthria, director), Shatruji (Shatrughan Sinha) and Jeetuji (Jeetendra) are also extending personal invitations for the bash
sub icon
image After Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani set the cash registers ringing at the box office, Ranbir Kapoor has reached a new high and so has his remuneration.   According to sources, the actor who shot a 100-day schedule of Abhinav Kashyap's Besharam for Rs 15 crore has charged the same amount from his close friend and debutante director Vicky Singh for a just a 42-day schedule of Roy.   A source close to the film confirmed and said: " Roy is a two hero film. It has Arjun Rampal alongside Ranbir. But yes, Ranbir has charged his regular fee of Rs 15 crore for the film."   We had earlier reported (Nov 17, 2011) that after the success of Imtiaz Ali's Rockstar, th
sub icon
image A ride aboard the Chennai Express just got a lot more expensive. Tickets to the Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone starrer will now cost upto 40 per cent more, thanks to a decision taken by the multiplexes yesterday morning.   The raise, which will see an unprecedented 40 per cent increase in ticket prices during the weekday shows and up to a 20 per cent hike over the weekend, will not be uniform across all multiplexes. Increasing ticket prices around festivals is not unusual but the Rohit Shetty film takes the cake with its unprecedented pricetag and a ticket in Juhu PVR will cost the patrons close to Rs 500.   While Fun Cinema will raise the weekday tickets prices by 40 per
sub icon
image Javed Akhtar (born 17 January 1945) is a poet, lyricist and scriptwriter from India. Akhtar is a mainstream writer and some of his most successful work was carried out in the late 1970s and 1980s with Salim Khan as half of the script-writing duo credited as Salim-Javed. Akhtar continues to be a prominent figure in Bollywood and is one of the most popular and sought-after lyricists. Hailing from a family of freedom fighters, Javed Akhtar is the great great grandson of Allama Fazl-e-Haq Khairabadi, a notable name in the Indian Freedom Struggle and one of the main figures of the Indian Rebellion of 1857 who was hanged at the Kālā Pānī prison in 1861.

Early life

sub icon
image Anupam Kher (born 7 March 1955) is an Indian actor who has appeared in nearly 450 films and 100 plays. Though mainly appearing in Bollywood (Hindi) films, he has had roles in some films from other nations as well most notably the 2013 Oscar nominated Silver Linings Playbook, directed by David O. Russell. He has held the post of Chairman of the Censor Board and National School of Drama in India. In 2004, he was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India for his contribution to Indian cinema.

Early life

Anupam Kher was born and raised in Shimla, into a Kashmiri Pandit family.He was educated at D.A.V. School in Agra. He is an alumnus and a former chair
First  < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >  Last
@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)