My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Cooch Behar is a small, sleepy town situated in a small corner of West Bengal. It is the district headquarters of the Cooch Behar District in North of West Bengal.

Places of interest

Cooch Behar Palace: also called 'Victor Jubilee Palace' is a famous landmark of the town. It is also called the Rajbari, The palace of Kings. It was constructed on the design of the Buckingham Palace of London, during the reign of Maharaja Nripendra Narayan in 1877.

There were different kinds of weapons, jewels, stamps and many other things kept in the palace, now made into a museum. They had also given the information of the different tribes of Bengal and had showcased their way of clothing, things they used, weapons, etc. After an hour of going back in the 18th century, we came back to 2013 and had a small picnic in the beautiful gardens surrounding the palace. You can also see different kinds of birds, bathing and drinking from the fountains in the lawns. Rajbari is a must see place in Cooch Behar. Maharani Gayatri Devi maternal place is also Cooch Behar.

Sagar Dighi: is one of the main local attractions. The swimming classes were under way at one of the corners. From Sagar Dighi we walked upto the Madan Mahal Bari. It is a stunning white temple.

Shopping: My mother and aunt decided to buy some of the beautiful Bengali sarees for everyone back home. Once we entered the shop, the colourful sarees were worth buying!

Cooch Behar is a small place. You feel you are in a town like 'Malgudi' where life moves slowly but interestingly.

Sourse : Times of India

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)