My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Bangalore has many taglines, some may call it as the Air-Conditioned City or some call it the City Of Gardens, but as far I can recall, I have always heard of Bangalore as the silicon valley of India.

This also maybe because all the well know IT companies have big and plush offices in this city with the highest manpower. My purpose to visit the city was totally different though. I mean it's nice to know that many of my techie friends work in some of those high rise offices in the city, however the sole intention of my visit to Bangalore was to explore the city to the core and see what makes this city such a popular metro and so lucrative for business.

How to get there

By Air

Bangalore is well connected through, flights and other mode of transport.The airport is a bit far from the city so it will take arround 2 hrs to reach the city. Thus, one has to take this time into account when palnning.

By Rail

Bangalore is well connected from every major city of India.

Climate

Bangalore has lovely weather thoughout the year, cold yet not chilly, pleasently warm when the sun is out. So one can visit the city throughout the year.In fact when the whole of North India burns, you will find the weather in Bangalore pleasant almost throughout the day!

Where to stay

Bangalore is not only the IT hub of the country, it is the capital of Karnataka and one of the finest city of India thus staying shouldn't be the problem. You will find n munber of good hotels in here and have enough option for every pocket size.

Food

Bangalore has literally many good food options. This is the city of innovations so there are many nice restuarants and some startups in true sense to make a mark. Try the innovative restaurant called 'The Egg Factory' near Koramangla.

For traditional Bangalorean and Mangalorean cuisine, your search ends at Nagarjuna Restaurant. At anytime of the day, you will find this restaurant quite Jam Packed and they serve the food in traditional manner - on a Banana Leaf. They say the juices of the Banana Leaf is very good for digestion. Well, after the amount you eat at Nagarjuna, dont know how much the juices can help!

Another amazing restaurant to taste Mangalorean food is Kanua at Sarjapur Road.

Shopping

Commercial Street, also called as street shopping paradise by bangaloreans. You can get almost everything here... clothes, footwear, accessories, real or artificial jewellery, almost everything one can desire! Apart from cheap affordable stuffs, one can also locate some of the famous fashion brands in the world.

Commercial Street is near to Mahatama Gandhi Road which is one of the famous shopping destination but Commercial Street is biggest, it has lanes, by-lanes. Parking is certainly a great task before you can actually start your shopping spree. My suggestion would either land up between 12-1pm to be lucky enough to utilise Commercial Street parking, thats what we do or park your park on MG Road (Mahatama Gandhi Road) or Brigade road and walk down to the street. During weekends and festivals its jam-packed so forget parking even walking down could be a challenge but even though Commercial Street is a dream destination for street shopping lovers in Bangalore.

Places of Interest

I am a north Indian where summers burn you to death and winters freeze your soul so a city where the weather is pleasant throughout the year seems to be heaven on earth to me. So, my first favourite thing about the city is its amazing weather. Imagine, in the month of August you are sleeping with a quilt and that is too without an AC, simply WOW!

Although, Bangalore city is not just about good weather there so many other things which you can do or you can explore. Here is my experience about city, I had only one day for sightseeing, and so if you have a day with you to see the city, this is what you can do.

Explore the garden city: there is a beautiful garden in the city called the Lal bagh, I have heard that every year an exclusive flower show is organized in Lal Bagh. So, if you are lucky you might get to see one of these flower shows. Lal bagh tops my list of the tourist places in Bangalore. The greenery amidst the concrete jungle is a good experience.

Lal Bagh is essentially a botanical garden, well maintained garden, and good for family picnic. Though, I couldn't see many people with picnic baskets. Though, many elderly can be seen for their morning walk. Just stroll through the park, sit for a while in one of the benches, it's surely a rejuvenation of mind and body.

Indra Nagar: you may not find this place in the tourist guide because this is actually a residential area. But what is interesting is that you will find many small yet niche shops in this neighbourhood. Just ask for the 100feet road in Indira Nagar, I happen to explore couple of these shops and some of them worth mentioning. There is a shop called Orange Bicycle, you could find small knick knacks, good for gifting. I had some amazing cupcakes from a place called BiteMe . Phobidden fruit, is another restaurant and one could give it a try.

Bangalore Palace: it's a beautiful palace build by Rev. Garrett. The architecture of the palace is impeccable and the 250 bucks totally worth it. Another 700 is charged for the camera, we decided to save on the money and skip the camera, which is also fine because the interior of the palace has mainly a museum with photographs and garments of the royalty has been displayed. Many artists had performed on the ground outside the palace. Roger waters, Metallica, Elton john to name a few.

Vidhana Soudha: yeah, this is the correct spelling. In Hindi we call it as Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly); being the capital of Karnataka, the Vidhana Soudha is located in the city and it got its name here because of the beautiful white huge building. The security guard was kind enough to let us click the building from inside.

Forum mall: I know the malls should not be ideally be the part of tourists places of a city; but I can't resist it. Forum mall is one of the largest malls in Bangalore and can be a stopover for quick shopping.

Tipu Sultan Summer Palace: this palace was Tipu Sultan's summer palace till he died. His hatred for British was so pertinent that he made a horn on which a tiger is attacking a British officer. I will not call this palace amazingly beautiful but it could be worth a visit considering it has long history attached to it.

You can see several beautiful churches on your way in Bangalore; St. Mark's Cathedral is one such beautiful church. Take some time off from your hectic schedule, do try to visit the church and spent some time in the peaceful environment.

Places Around

From Bangalore one can do some amazing weekend trips. Here are some places where you can go when you visit Bangalore. Shivasamudram Falls, Bandipur National Park, Nandi Hills, Ooty, Yercaud, Mysore, Kabini and of course Coorg.

Closure Line

Beautiful city, amazing weather and lovely food all comes together to give you an amazing experience.

Sourse : Times of India

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)