My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Ex-couples in Bollywood no longer a tabboo, actors open to working together

Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani director Ayan Mukerji recently made quite a telling statement in an interview in PLaY. When asked about ex-lovers Ranbir-Deepika pairing up for the film, he said, "They used to date and they don't today — it's nothing. This generation is cool. They are young, hormonal and work in close quarters. I have a feeling they will date, break-up and continue to work together."

This is not how it used to happen in Bollywood. Private lives always ended up impacting professional decisions. It was generally understood that a film set is not a large enough place to accommodate star egos as well as past baggage. From the time of Raj Kapoor-Nargis, Dilip Kumar-Madhubala to Salman Khan-Aishwarya Rai, it was indeed over when it was over, give or take a Silsila.

Today's stars make for a banner headline for Modern Love. They fit the Date-Break Up-Continue to Work Together template that Ayan spelled out. While Ranbir-Deepika have got all the marks for charting a new chapter in the Break ke baad code of conduct of Bollywood's Ex Lovers Inc., the new change was kickstarted with (wonder of wonders) Salman Khan who paired up with ex girlfriend Katrina Kaif in Ek Tha Tiger.

Post the blockbuster success of Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and Ek Tha Tiger, working with your ex is no longer taboo. Please note that in B town the definition of 'ex' includes even those who might not have admitted in print but were speculated about. In the season of big announcements we've been informed that two more such high profile alleged ex couples are soon going to work together — Shahid Kapoor-Priyanka Chopra in Tigmanshu Dhulia's Milan Talkies and Hrithik Roshan-Kareena Kapoor in Karan Malhotra's Shuddhi. Incidentally Shahid has replaced Imran Khan in Dhulia's film. Ranbir and Deepika have signed another film — Imtiaz Ali's next film after Highway.

This new-found modern maturity that our stars have adopted will give a lot of heart to filmmakers who can now dream again of casting as per their wishlist and not according to gossip columns in tabloids. The curiosity level of ex-lovers reuniting on screen is also a guaranteed win-win for the audience. This almost makes me want to dig out my own wishlist. It would be quite something to see Salman-Ash in a movie again or even Akshay-Priyanka. Who's on your list? Let this Silsila continue.

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)