My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

In a magnum goof-up by Shatrughan Sinha, Rani is called Rani Chopra, sparking off fresh rumours

The celebs attending the unveiling of late filmmaker Yash Chopra's statue were left stumped when veteran actor Shatrughan Sinha referred to Rani Mukerji as Rani Chopra sparking off fresh rumours about the actress's current relationship status with Yash Raj Films (YRF) scion Aditya Chopra.

While mentioning the entire Chopra family during a speech, Shatrughan said: "Yash Chopra, Pamela Chopra, Uday Chopra, Rani... just now my wife said I missed out on Aditya Chopra. Rani Chopra ka naam liye hai toh zahir se baat hai Aditya Chopra ka naam bhi... (When I am taking Rani Chopra's name, then it is obvious that I am taking Aditya Chopra's name as well)."

The attention quickly shifted towards Rani who was shell-shocked at this announcement. Quite an actress that she is, Rani quickly recovered and can said, “I would like to thank UTV for this. It's a great moment for all the people who loved Yash uncle and the people who are associated with the family. We will all miss him.”

This is not the first time she has been caught on a wrong foot. The rumours of their love affair and impending marriage have been doing the rounds for a long time now and sources in the industry have revealed that perhaps this time Rani is finally going to be tying the knot. An industry source claimed that the actress has been turning down film scripts because she has ‘personal commitments’ to attend during the first half of this year.

The media-shy Aditya Chopra has always kept away from limelight and has always denied being in a relationship with Rani. His marriage with his childhood friend Payal hit the rocks in 2009 for ‘unknown’ reasons and Aditya moved out of his parents' house in Juhu to stay in a hotel till the clouds cleared. A divorce settlement of approximately Rs 20 crore and a five-bedroom penthouse in Juhu was paid off to her.

Later that year, the Rani angle surfaced as the duo were seen together a couple of times. Allegations were made and the actress was called a home-breaker by many. But the closeness was evident as Rani became more elusive and exclusive for Yash Raj banner. Sources say that Rani made special concessions for the film by Pradeep Sarkar at Adi's advice. Consequently, Sarkar's favourite heroine Vidya Balan was dropped out of the project unceremoniously.

However, things were far from smooth for the couple. Both Yash and Pamela Chopra were very close to Payal and were not happy with the divorce. This made things worse for Rani who was not welcomed among the Chopra clan. But things have swung better as few months ago as Rani was spotted returning from a vacation with Aditya and his family. Sources say that Aditya’s family, who had an objection to Rani and Aditya’s wedding, have finally given their nod. So now the question is –Are they already married or they are planning to? Watch this space for more

Source: Yahoo News

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)