My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

AMIETE 2015- Associate Membership of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers acronym as AMIETE takes AMIETE (Degree Level) and DIPIETE (Diploma Level) Exams in the following streams:

1. Electronics and Telecommunications
  2. Computer Science And Engineering
  3. Information Technology (Degree level only).
  4. ALCCS leading to M.Tech. is offered only in Computer Science Engineering (CS) discipline

AMIETE enables one to puruse electrical engineering & telecommunication engineering courses.

AMIETE Eligibility 

The eligibility conditions for taking AMIETE are:

AMIETE Graduate ship:

Not less than 16 years in the year of taking the entrance test.

Educational Qualification:

10+2 or Equivalent with Physics and Math's and working experience in relevant field Or studying for higher qualification with Physics / Electrical / Electronics / Computer/Science Engineering. Or Diploma.

Diploma (DiplETE)

Not less than 14 years in the year of taking the entrance test

Educational Qualification:

10th or equivalent with General Science and working experience in relevant field Or
studying for higher qualification with Physics / Math's/ ITI.

Important: AMIETE (Degree Level): Examination is recognized by Govt, of India and UPSC for Superior Posts; Services, State Govts, and by a large number of Universities /Institutions for higher education.

DiplETE (Diploma Level): Examination is recognized by Govt, of India for Subordinate Posts and Services and a number of State Govts, and Union Territories.

AMIETE Conducts examinations every six months in June and December at its 42 centers in India and abroad.

AMIETE Syllabus

AMIETE consists of question from the basic syllabus of Senior Secondry Examination and questions are generally from 10+2 standard physics, chemistry, and maths.

AMIETE Pattern 

AMIETE examination is divided in two Section including 20 theory papers and a project work.

Section A:

Part I (6 subjects all compulsory)
Part II (5 Subjects all compulsory)

Section B:

Part I (5 Subjects all compulsory)
Part II (4 subjects – 2 compulsory and 2 electives)

Project Work:

Compulsory. Students can complete project work after completing 14 compulsory papers of Section A and B. The pass marks for project work is 50%.

Section A has 2 parts.

• Part I includes 6 compulsory subjects whereas
  • Part II included 5 compulsory subjects.

Section B also has 2 parts.

• Part I includes 5 compulsory subjects &
  • Part II consists of 2 compulsory and 2 elective subjects.

Besides there is a project work which is compulsory for everyone.

AMIETE Exam Dates

AMIETE is conducted twice every year usually in the months of June & December. A student has to enroll himself / herself as a member before he / she is eligible to appear for AMIETE examination.

How to apply for AMIETE?

Students can obtain details containing Prospectus, Syllabus Enrolment Form and Sample Question papers by remitting Rs.250 at the nearest IETE Centre or from Secretary General at the address provided at the end.

Note: Students must specify the stream (ET, CS or IT) and course (AMIETE or DiplETE) when demanding Prospectus.

AMIETE Test Centres

Main centres for AMIETE in the southern region are:

City Phone Numbers/ E-mail
Bangalore 080-23331133
Chennai 044-28350773. 28356045
Coimbatore 0422-2656422
Dharwad 0836-2447465
Gulbarga 08472-256155
Hyderabad 040-27098025 / 27098758
Kochi 0484-2369944
Mysore 0821-2518171
Palakkad 0491-2525666
Thiruvananthapuram 0471-2554727
Tirupati 09247007122
Vijayawada 0866-2550974
Visakhapatnam [email protected]
Warangal 09490124412

AMIETE Contact Details

Aspirant can contact at the following given address for more details regarding pattern of the examination, syllabus and latest fee and other instructions.

The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
2, Institutional Area, Lodi Road,
New Delhi-110 003
Tel.: 43538800-10, 43538858/56/55/41, 43538850/51/53/54,
Fax: 24649429

E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Website: www.iete.org, www.iete.info And www.jete-elan.ac.in

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)