My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Mumbai Mirror review (Bollywood Hungama)

Film review: Mumbai Mirror

Cast: Sachiin Joshi, Prakash Raj, Prashant Narayanan, Mahesh Manjrekar, Gihana Khan, Vimala Raman

Director: Ankush Bhatt

Indian Express Rating: *

I�ve just finished watching �Mumbai Mirror� and can�t make up my mind : was it so bad that it was plain vanilla bad, or was it head-clutchingly awful? Here�s what I sat through for two hours and some.

In the fair city of Mumbai, there is a cop who goes by the name of Abhijeet Patil ( Joshi). But he could very well be any cop played by Salman Bhai who plays cops who go on to make 100 crores at the box office. Sample this : �Main ek hi baat par bharosa karta hoon. Main kisi ki baat par bharosa nahin karta�.

The dialogue writer has been given free rein for all the other characters as well. Prakash Raj is the evil owner of a bar, where girls and drugs vie for customer attention. Raj has the enviable task of saying : �maine usko yeda samjha, woh toh shana nikla�. Strike two.

Prashant Narayanan comes on for a walk on part, and has this classic line. He looks at a bunch of dead guys, and at a gun-toting Patil, and says : you killed them?

Manjrekar is also a cop. He beats his wife. Close up of said wife, crying. Close up of wife-beater, smiling menacingly.

Bad girl ( Khan) wears very short skirts and drapes herself across Prakash Raj who sits on a throne in his villain�s den. Good girl ( Raman) �is a TV reporter who displays more make up than reporting skills. At one point, she looks at Patil and says moonily : �itna achcha inspector aur drugs ke chakkar mein, I hope I can help him�. ( oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that our hero cop does drugs and is very free with his gun too). Strike three, four and five.

Source: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/review-mumbai-mirror/1061387/#

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)