My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Homosexuality a 'bad addiction': Baba Ramdev

New Delhi: Welcoming the Supreme Court's verdict holding consensual sex between adults of the same gender an offence, Baba Ramdev on Wednesday reiterated his claim that yoga can cure homosexuality.

Addressing a press conference, the yoga guru invited the gay community to his ashram, adding, "I guarantee to cure them of homosexuality."

Ramdev added that homosexuality is not genetic, saying, "If our parents were homosexuals then we would not have been born. So it's unnatural."

Homosexuality is just a bad addiction, deduced Ramdev.

He also hailed the SC's verdict, saying the court has respected sentiments of millions of Indians by declaring homosexuality a crime.

He also questioned the contribution of the gay community in fields like science and economics and also said that he would pray that all the journalists present at the press conference would not 'turn' into homosexuals.

Setting aside the Delhi High Court verdict of 2009, the apex court bench of Justice GS Singhvi and Justice SJ Mukhopadhayay today said there was no constitutional room for change in Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code.

Section 377 of the IPC holds that same-gender sexual relationship is against the order of the nature and is an offence. The apex court by its ruling on Wednesday upheld the constitutional validity of the section.

The Delhi High Court by its verdict, which the apex court has now set aside, had decriminalised the sexual relationship between consenting adults of the same gender under Section 377.

Source: Zeenews

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)