My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

NASA, ISRO in talks over working together to develop satellite United States' National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) and India's leading space agency Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) are in talks for jointly making a satellite.

ISRO K Radhakrishnan revealed that the two space agencies were trying to determine the feasibility of their working together on a satellite capable of operating on two frequency bands: L-band and S-band.

NASA Administrator Charles F Bolden Jr. visited ISRO's Ahmedabad-based Space Applications Centre (SAC) on June 25, and met with Mr. Radhakrishnan and other senior officials of the Indian space agency to discuss the potential areas of cooperation between the two agencies.

Speaking on the topic, Mr. Radhakrishnan said, "It's working together. That's what we are discussing. Both organisations are coming together and saying let's develop it together... use your strength, use my strength. That's a good way of working."

Mr. Radhakrishnan added that he expected the two agencies to be working together in the next few months. In case NASA and ISRO really decides to work together to develop a satellite it would be their first joint venture in the field.

Agreeing to work together to develop a satellite jointly would allow NASA to spend its funds where it matters most. It may be noted here that NASA has been under pressure to cut its expenditure. On the other hand India's well-financed ISRO will benefit from NASA's advanced technology.

Source: Top News

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)