My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor, who was recently detained and fined about Rs 60,000 at an airport for not declaring luxury goods, has said that he made a mistake and paid a price for it.

The 30-year-old actor, who had landed on May 4 at the Chhatrapati Shivaji international airport on a British Airways flight from London, walked away with branded goods in his luggage that required to be declared before the Customs authorities.

After the luggage was checked, branded goods such as perfumes, clothes and footwears worth about Rs one lakh were found.

Ranbir was detained for nearly 40 minutes and after the enquiry and verification of goods, he was fined about Rs 60,000 and let off.

"I did made a mistake but I also paid a price for it. I made a mistake of not declaring duty free goods. It was my responsibility to do so. And hence I was stopped and had to pay the fine," Ranbir told reporters.

Meanwhile, he looked quite excited about the promotions of his upcoming film 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani'.

For this film, Ranbir got an opportunity to shake a leg with dancing diva Madhuri Dixit for a special song 'Ghagra'.

"It feels great to work with someone of her stature. I have loved working with all actresses right from Zohara Sehgal to Madhuri to Deepika and Katrina," Ranbir said.

Ranbir added, "I like both Deepika (Padukone) and Katrina Kaif's smile. Both are beautiful. I have had great fun working with them."

He says he wants to be on the film sets for the next 15 to 20 years and continue working as an actor. But he would love to make films, direct a film some day.

His co-star from the film, Deepika is happy that she has been delivering hit films off late and hopes her forthcoming film turns out to be a hit. The film 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani', produced by Karan Johar releases on May 31.

"I feel lucky and fortunate to be a part of successful films. It started with 'Cocktail' and 'Race 2'becoming hit and I hope people will like 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' and 'Chennai Express', too," she said. 

"I don't believe in things like I am the number one actress presently. I believe in focusing and doing entertaining films," she added.

Sourse : Times of India

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)