My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

http://i4.dainikbhaskar.com/thumbnail/636x303/web2images/www.dailybhaskar.com/2013/02/01/3351_bill_gates.jpg

New Delhi: The December 16 gang-rape incident in the national capital has awakened the senses of the people in India. The incident has led to a mass movement. Naturally, the reaction to the development was palpable. 

The incident has been widely covered by both - national and international - media.

Bill gates, co-founder of Microsoft and Chairman of Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, also shared his views on the development. 

In his interview to NDTV, the 57-year-old philanthropist expressed hope in the movement, saying that was a start to a new India.

"Certainly, the incident is an evolution for the country that something horrific like that galvanizes people to think. Sadly, I am sure there will be additional incidents, but they may start to raise the consciousness and more and more people may deem it unacceptable," said the co-founder of Microsoft and Chairman of Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. 

"It would be great to be able to measure the actual levels, but that is difficult to do because the victims don't want to come forward. It is awful because they somehow feel ashamed when they are guiltless in this case. It is a domestic issue but the outrage is a step in the right direction," he said.

Bill Gates and his wife started the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and he has subsequently made it clear that he will donate the bulk of his personal fortune to it. The Foundation focuses on global health and the alleviation of extreme poverty around the world, in addition to enhancing the quality of education in the United States.
Source: http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/NAT-TOP-delhi-gang-rape-philanthropist-bill-gates-speaks-for-new-india-4165317-NOR.html?HT4=

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)