My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

JEE 2015 - Joint Entrance Exam acronym as JEE has been introduced in 2013 (replacing IIT-JEE and AIEEE) for providing admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, IIT's, Other centrally funded Technical Institutions and Institutions funded by several participating State Governments. JEE will be a two parts exam:

1. JEE (Main) Formerly known as AIEEE

JEE (Main) will enables candidates to take admission in various engineering colleges (except IIT’s) as well as will serve as an  eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced)

2. JEE (Advanced) Formerly known as IIT-JEE

JEE (Advanced) will enable the candidate to get admission in various undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.

Important: Only the top 1,50,000 candidates(including all categories as per reservation policy)based on performance in JEE (Main), will qualify to appear in the JEE (Advanced) examination. Admission to IITs will be based only on category wise All India Rank in JEE(Advanced), subject to condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile of successful candidates in Class XII/equivalent examination conducted by their Boards in applicable categories.

For admission to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) like IIITs etc. and participating institutions: the merit/rank list shall be prepared based on 40 per cent weight age to school board marks in Class XII or equivalent examination and 60 per cent weight age to JEE (Main).

The weight age to School Board/equivalent examination shall be considered on after normalization.

JEE Exam Eligibility 

Eligibiligy Criterior for JEE (Main) 

Candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination (given below). However Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in 2015 may also appear in JEE (Main) 2015 provisionally.

However, admission criteria in the concerned institution/university will be followed as prescribed by concerned university/institution and as per the guidelines & criteria prescribed by AICTE.

List of Qualifying Examinations for JEE Main 2015:

1. The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi
  2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
  3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
  4. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
  5. H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
  6. A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
  7. 3 or 4-year diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.

Important: Those candidates who have appeared in the class 10+2 Board examination/equivalent in 2014 and wish to improve upon their performance for the purpose of taking JEE (mains) or JEE (advance) will be required to appear in all subjects as per the scheme of studies again from their respective boards in 2015.

Eligibiligy Criterion for JEE (Advanced) 

Only top 1,50,000 candidates(including all categories as per reservation policy)based on performance in JEE (Main), will qualify to appear in the JEE (Advanced) examination. 

JEE Exam Pattern

JEE (Main) Exam Pattern

JEE (Main) consists of two papers:

• Paper-1 of JEE (Main) will be conducted in two separate modes i.e. Offline (Penand Paper Based Examination) mode and Online (Computer Based Examination) mode. 

• Paper-2 of JEE (Main) will be conducted only in Pen and Paper based examination mode.A candidate will opt for either Pen or Paper Based or Computer Based examination modes for Paper-1 only.

Paper Subject Type of Questions Mode of Exam
I

Physics
Chemistry &
Mathematics 

Objective type with equal weightage

to all the three subjects

Pen/Paper based
and
Computer based

II
Mathematics – Part I 
Aptitude Test – Part II &
Drawing Test – Part III
Mathematics - Part I 
Aptitude Test - Part II &
Drawing Test - Part III           

Objective Type
Objective Type
Question to check Drawing Apptitude

Only Pen/Paper based

Requirement of Papers for Various courses is as follows: 

Course Paper
B.ARCH/B. PLANNING (At Institutions other than IITs) Paper - 2
All other undergraduate courses Paper - 1

JEE (Advanced) Pattern

JEE (Advanced) will consist of two question papers, each of three hours duration.The question papers will be bilingual (in  English and Hindi). Each of the question  papers will consist of three separate sections  on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

The questions will be of objective type,  designed to test comprehension, reasoning  and analytical ability of candidates. In some  sections, incorrect answers will be awarded negative marks.

Essential requirement for taking JEE Exam

Candidates are supposed to carry all the essential thing required to take JEE exam that include thie Admit Card to gain entry in the examination hall, a good quality Ball Point Pen.

For Paper-2 of JEE (Main), the candidates are advised to bring their own clip board, geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons

JEE Exam Syllabus

JEE (Main) Syllabus

JEE (Main) consists of question from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Aptitude of +2 level. 

JEE (Advanced) Syllabus

JEE (Advanced) consists of Question from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics of +2 level.

How to apply for JEE Exam?

Application Procedure for JEE (Main):

Candidate can visit official website of JEE i.e. www.jeemain.nic.in to apply online in order to appear in JEE (Main) and/or JEE (Advanced) 2015.  The online registration form will be available on JEE (Main) website from 7th November, 2014 to 18th December, 2014. 

JEE (Main)Exam registration process to be followd by the desiring candidates is as follows:

• The candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details, a confirmation page with application no. shall be generated.
  • Candidates are required to take printout of confirmation page and paste photograph, put left hand thumb impression, sign and write down the residential address at appropriate places provided for these purposes.
  • The confirmation page then must be signed by a parent/guardian and by a gazetted officer/principal of the last institution attended. Duly completed confirmation page is to be sent by registered/speed post to The Executive Director, JEE (Main) Secretariat, Central Board of Secondary Education, PS-1- 2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj, Delhi-110 092 on or before the last date.  
  • The computer generated confirmation page with photographs pasted, address written, signed by the candidate, signed by the parent and counter signed by the Principal/Gazetted Officer must reach the JEE (Main) Secretariat on or before 26th December 2014.

Important: The exact time slots/and dates for computer based exam shall be displayed on the website by 1st February 2014. The candidates will be required to make their time  slot/date selection through online mode from 1st Feb 2015 to 15th Feb 2015.

A candidate who opts for computer based examination and does not make this selection shall be randomly assigned a slot based on the availability. 

Application Procedure for JEE (Advanced):

Top 1,50,000  candidates  qualified in Paper-I- i.e JEE (Main)  (including all the  categories) are eligible to register for JEE (Advanced) - 2014. To write JEE (Advanced) 2015 all eligible candidates should register  through online at [http://jeeadv.iitd.ac.in/] during  8 May to 13 May, 2015. 

After online registration, candidates must pay  the examination fee as applicable through  challan (generated during registration process) of all SBI branches having core banking  solution (CBS) on or before 13 May, 2014. Registration is complete only after the payment.

Important: The applicants must note that  application for JEE (Advanced) - 2015 cannot  be withdrawn after registration and payment of fee. Claims for refund of registration fee will not be entertained under any circumstances.  While registering for JEE (Advanced) - 2015, candidate need to provide following information.

1.      Attempt(s) at JEE 

2.      Choices of Examination Cities/Towns

JEE (Main) Exam Fee and mode of payment?

JEE (Main) Exam Fee

• For centres in India

Paper No.

I & II

Pen and Paper Based       

General/OBC

Rs.1000(Boys)
Rs.500(Girls) 

Rs.1800(Boys)
Rs.900(Girls)

SC/ST/PwO

Rs.500(Boys)
Rs.500(Girls)

Rs.900(Boys)
Rs.900(Girls)

Computer Based               

General/OBC

Rs.500(Boys)
Rs.250(Girls)

Rs.250(Boys)
Rs.250(Girls)

SC/ST/PwO

Rs.1300(Boys)
Rs.650(Girls)

Rs.650(Boys)
Rs.650(Girls)

• For overseas Centres:

Paper No.

I & II

Pen and Paper Based       

General/OBC

Rs.2500(Boys)
Rs.1250(Girls) 

Rs.2500(Boys)
Rs.1250(Girls)

SC/ST/PwO

Rs.1250(Boys)
Rs.1250(Girls)

Rs.1250(Boys)
Rs.1250(Girl)

Computer Based               

General/OBC

Rs.3800(Boys)
Rs.1900(Girls)

Rs.3800(Boys)
Rs.1900(Girls)

SC/ST/PwO

Rs.1250(Boys)
Rs.1250(Girls)

Rs.1900(Boys)
Rs.1900(Girls)

Candidate can submit above written fee payment by any of the follwoing given modes:

1. By credit/debit card, or 
  2. By demand draft issued by a scheduled commercial bank in favor of Secretary, CBSE, payable at Delhi.

JEE Exam number of attempts

Number of Attempts for JEE (Main)

You can attempt to clear the JEE (Main) Exam three (3) times in consecutive years. For example the candidates who passed their +2 exam in 2013 or 2014 or who are appearing for their +2 exams in 2015 are only eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2015.

Number of Attempts for JEE (Advanced)

A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced)  maximum two times in  consecutive years.  Candidates who had attempted IIT JEE 2013  for the first time (having passed QE in 2013)  can appear in JEE (Advanced) - 2014, by qualifying in Paper - I of JEE (Main) - 2014.  Those who attempted IIT-JEE in 2012 or earlier  are  NOT ELIGIBLE to appear in JEE  (Advanced) - 2015.

Besides Candidates who have taken admission (irrespective of whether or not they continued in any of the programmes) or accepted the admission by paying the registration fee at any of the IITs, IT-BHU Varanasi or ISM Dhanbad, are  NOT ELIGIBLE to appear in JEE (Advanced) - 2014.

JEE Exam Contact Details

The Executive Director

JEE (Main) Secretariat

Central Board of Secondary Education

PS-1- 2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn.

Patparganj, Delhi-110 092.

Questions related to Joint Entrance Exam

• Syllabus of JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced)?
  • Eligibility Criteria for JEE Exam?
  • Need of Registration for JEE (Advanced)?
  • From where can I get JEE (Advanced) information brochure?
  • What is the Pattern of JEE (Advance) Exam?
  • Can a IIT-JEE 2015 qualifier is eligible for JEE (Advance)?
  • What will be the eligibility criteria if the percentile score is not available for any board?
  • JEE 2013 application procedure?

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)