My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Juventus striker Carlos Tevez  optimistic though losing 2-1 to Benfica

Rome, Italy : Juventus striker Carlos Tevez insisted that his side have good chance to reach the Europa League final despite their 2-1 loss to Benfica on the road in the first leg of their tie Thursday.

The Argentine really had something to celebrate as he broke his four-year long Europe goal drought in the first leg of the Europa League semifinal in Lisbon, Xinhua reported.

But he put his team's interest ahead of his own.

"My goal isn't that important, and it only matters that we are still in the running for qualification," he said.

"I am happy as I am physically fit. We've got a very good chance of getting through to the next round. Qualification is wide open for the second leg," he added.

If Juventus could beat Benfica 1-0 in their second leg tie next Thursday, they will reach the final, which will be held at their stadium on May 15.

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba called for concentration from his teammates in the second leg.

"We need to play the same way we did in the second half, but with more concentration. We conceded two goals due to errors, but played well overall. We are Juve, so we have to do even more," he said. (IANS)

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)