My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_delhi-police-chief-calls-gang-rape-incident-a-turning-point-in-legal-history_1790170

In an address to the media in New Delhi, the city police commissioner Neeraj Kumar said that the incident was not a only a turning point in the police force, but in the criminal justice system of india.

"We can recall the infamous Ranga-Billa murder case in 1980s, the Dhaulakuan rape case, and the recent Delhi gang-rape case, which all have the propulsion to effect a change in the way we look at women and crimes against them," Kumar said.

Quoting from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, he said: "There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries."

"I think in coming days all women helplines will be working. These helplines will have only incoming facility," Kumar said.

Kumar said that a 24x7 helpdesk for women was operational and that jurisdiction ought not be an issue for women complainants.Here are some of the key points he made:

• All officer attending the helplines will be required to act on any complaint coming in.
  • All police stations jurisdictions are to act on receiving any complaints coming in from their area.
  • Also, the identity of the complainants will be kept secret as it often invites further harassment.
  • All district additional officers are to be out till night to contain crimes.
  • Local police and PCR vans should cover all women colleges and girls' schools, especially when these institutions are closing....
  • You already know that a fast-track court is handling the Delhi gang-rape incident and a judgement is expected soon.

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)