My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

New Delhi: Few Tihar prisoners have gone on to form a rock band and they will soon become the first in the world to cut a commercial album from inside a jail. 

Titled Jaane Anjaane, the album, which will be launched on January 28, has six songs, written and composed by the finalists of Tihar Idol, a talent hunt for inmates. Each song has an accompanying video, shot inside the jail.

Amit Saxena, 34, a murder undertrial who has spent nine years behind bars, has composed and sung the title track, along with Bhagirath, 28, who was arrested for dacoity. “The sleepless nights in jail were tormenting. That’s when music came to my rescue,” says Saxena.

Bhagirath, who landed in prison two-and-a-half years ago, says his two daughters, aged three and six, are his motivation. “Their innocent smiles urge me to sing my pain away,” he says.

Harnam Singh, 28, who was arrested in a murder case after a love affair-gone-wrong, adds tabla beats to the songs. “Love landed me in this mess; now love has inspired me to pursue music,” he says.

The album also has an international flavour.

Jo, a 34-year-old Canadian who was arrested under the NDPS (narcotics drugs and psychotropic substances) act, is the guitarist. “Music can transcend even prison bars. I never thought that I will get to play the guitar in the jail,” he says.

Source : http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/DEL-worlds-first-album-launch-inside-a-jail-tihar-inmates-rock-4150852-NOR.html?HF-1=

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)