My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

My Infoline, Online Business Directory, Yellow pages of IndiaMUMBAI: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is concerned about the ill health of former South African President Nelson Mandela and singer Manna Dey.

The 94-year-old anti-apartheid icon remains in a critical condition.

Bachchan fondly recalled his meeting with Mandela. "Nelson Mandela or 'Madiba' as he is fondly called lies critically ill in hospital in South Africa. What a man? I have met him on two occasions in his country. A most gentle, but determined human, the likes of which can be rarely found.

"He fought for what he felt right and even though he was confined to a prison for almost 28 years, he came out victorious in the end. That part of the apartheid shall always remain a sore and ugly reminder of the humiliation and sufferings of another human, purely because of his colour!," he posted on his blog.

Bachchan, 70, also showed his concern for yesteryear singer Manna Dey. The 94-year-old playback legend is in hospital for chest infection.

"And closer home we have one of the greats of the country, the singer Manna Dey, ill and in hospital... Our prayers for his speedy recovery.

"So many songs that remain in our thoughts and minds have that typical stamp of the singer, but for me and my family his voice in the album he did for 'Madhushala' shall always remain most precious...," he added.

The 'Sholay' star is gearing up for the upcoming season of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'.

"Amidst all the sadness of the events taking place, life moves on and on... The rehearsals for KBC have begun, the team is in its elements, and the excitement of yet another season draws near...,"

Source: Times Of India

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)