Hair removal is something we all have to deal with. There are several ways to go about it - shave, wax, tweeze or laser.
Whatever way you choose, here are a few tips that can make the process easier
1. Consider the blade count: If you shave your skin often, it may start feeling dry. So consider the blade count while choosing your shaving blade. Opt for three-bladed razors, as razors with five blades can actually shave beneath the skin which can cause ingrown hair or razor burn in ladies with sensitive skin.
2. Use the right kind of wax: If you are planning to wax on your own, you better be careful! There are different kinds of wax available in the market. While you may want to try a new product, it isn't necessary that it will suit your skin type. Consult a professional before you purchase a wax of particular kind or flavour.
3. Scrub your skin daily: You may have noticed this. There are times when you get bumps on your skin due to shaving to waxing. Preventing bumps isn't that difficult. Exfoliate your skin using a scrub or a brush every night before you go to sleep. You will certainly see the difference and of course lesser bumps.
4. Use proper products: If you are planning hair removal by waxing, use good products before applying wax. Apply baby powder 10 minutes before you start waxing. It soaks up moisture and makes your job easier.
5. Do not wax again and again: If you have waxed your skin and you still have some leftover hair, do not wax that area again and again. Doing so will only irritate your skin and increase the chances of getting ingrown hair.
6. Follow directions: If you prefer using hair removal creams, do follow the directions written on the box. They are good as they are less painful but they may cause an allergy if you are not careful. Also, do not leave it on your skin for a very long time.