My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon
Google plans to hire more female engineers
Search engine Google is aiming to increase the number of female computer engineers in order to reduce the gender gap in the industry.

LONDON: Search engine Google is aiming to increase the number of female computer engineers in order to reduce the gender gap in the industry.

Co-founder Larry Page in his address during the I/O conference, said that the company is focused on recruiting more women 'forever' so as to ensure that the company is not all male.

In a report by CNN, Page suggested that more young girls and women need to be directed towards technology, which will undoubtedly double the rate of progress.

Google Vice president Megan Smith said that visibility of technical women has always been the company's priority because in the past years women representation was low at the company's developer conference.

The report further added that Google held a Women Techmakers social for female I/O attendees before the conference to create projects using littleBits and arts and craft supplies.

Smith indicated that part of the problem of having less female presence in the technology sector is the poor PR because women didn't think the field is interesting or that they too can be good at it, the report said.

source: timesofindia

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)