My Infoline Forum
 flag  India flag
sub icon

pay $2 and add a girl as friend : Facebook Paid MembershipNew Delhi. After asking users to pay for making their posts more “popular”, Facebook is asking users, male, and preferably from India, to pay if they wanted more female friends in their social network. The social networking site has announced a new feature where a male user can add a girl as friend by paying just 2 USD.

“We noticed that most Indian users were interested in adding women as friends,” Mark Mehta, a Facebook official in India told Faking News, “Women users had the maximum number of pending friend requests, followed by fake profiles of Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi.”

“However, the messages accompanying the friend requests to women were always requests for friendship, e.g. ‘medam, u luk butiful n sexy, pls aad me’ while messages to the other two profiles were mixed such as ‘u r doing great job’ or ‘fuck off asshole’, which didn’t exactly hint towards a desire to be friends,” Mark said.

Based on such empirical data, Facebook concluded that there was a pressing demand among Indian male users to have female friends in their network. After a brief discussion, the social networking site decided to convert this into a revenue earning opportunity.

“Earlier we thought of a feature where we could let a user add any girl they liked after seeing her face in the profile picture. After all, we are ‘Face’book! All that a man needed to do was to pay $200,” Mark said, “We thought a girl might not know it and may blame it on some bug, as people blame it on Twitter bug when an ‘unfollow’ is unearthed.”

“However, we feared that there could also be a huge hue and cry and people would blame us for playing with their privacy, hence we decided to make it more transparent,” the Facebook official explained the new feature, “Now we would ask female users to sign-up for this ‘paid friends’ program, where they’d get $1 for every acceptance of a friend request sent through this program.”

“The girl will not be able to unfriend or block the user added through such programs for at least 3 months,” Mark clarified, “She will also be expected to interact at least once in a day by liking the user’s post or replying ‘hi’ to his chat messages or wall postings.”

Facebook officials believe that a huge number of both men and women will join this ‘paid friends’ program, which will soon be launched in others parts of the world too.

“We will target the Pakistani market next,” Mark said, “But before that we have to make sure that Facebook is not banned there and women are allowed to make profiles.”

The announcement has been met with largely positive reactions from Indian users, with many men hoping to get the sex-ratio right for their friends’ list on Facebook.

“They should give us some student discount,” an engineering college student, male, suggested.

“I will remove all those idiots whom I had added just because they were some mutual friends,” Gargi, a female user of Facebook said, “I always thought that I should be compensated for having them on my list. Let them send me friend requests through this feature only.”

Sources say that the Indian government, otherwise angry with Facebook for allowing offensive materials to be shared, has welcomed the idea.

“They believe that if men are busy adding women as friend and interacting with them, they’d spend lesser time sharing links about government scams or other conspiracy theories,” a source revealed.

Note: faking news

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code

@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)